Moving On

Someone asked me why i haven't been blogging and one of the reasons i haven't done so is simply because is because i haven't felt the need to do so. Part of it is because there seems to be not much of a need to blog because it seems rather pointless and i've been rather busy as well . Too busy to blog ? i dunno , you decide.

There has been a lot of things going on in my life at the moment and it is a time of change. Everyone seem to be talking about change nowadays , right from the US presidential elections , to almost every class i've been to in school. Change around the world is naturally followed by change within. Change however needs some form of reflection on the past. I sound like i'm rumbling on as usual , but it's true. For change to be made , you need to look what has gone on and think about what is needs to be improved .

I think one of things that has been featuring rather strongly for the past couple of the weeks is that the fact that everyone been has been on an internship hunt . Underlying the entire internship hunt is the fact that one would have to decide on what they are see themselves doing in life in the future. Some people feel that working in a bank would be their calling, while others in writing, some in politics or perhaps in the creative industry. My question is , how do you decide ? Fact is , some of us can't even see what we are doing a month from now, much less upon graduation. When i finally applied for my internship and actually got a call back for an interview , i wasn't the only that was surprised. I think many others around me were . It seems much like a gross mismatch. I guess truth of the matter is , nobody could imagine me there. But between the things you openly criticize and the things you absolutely love, there also the things that you don't talk about and because i seldom talk about communications, people tend to assume that it would be something that u wouldn't go for. However , if communications has taught me anything, it is not to be quiet . By not communicating , you are allowing someone to speak to on your behalf and you wouldn't want someone to do so . If i am to use an absolutely bimbo quote from legally blonde . Elle Woods said "I had sat there and let this injustice happen , I forgot to use my voice... Now I know better. I learned that one honest voice can be louder than a crowd's" .. Very true indeed .

About this entry